2 Knee Balance Drill - J.D. Arteaga - University of Miami [VIDEO]
A good start but could be better...
I'm sorry but theres a few points I agree to disagree. This is misinformed information and is old school teaching...its a good start but it could be even better
- glove knee should be ahead of throwing knee...its game like
- don't tuck your glove....bring body to glove not glove to body....keep glove in front of torso but off the torso...helps with vector Mgmt ...tucking glove prevents a closer release point to home plate
- don't teach hand direction on the baseball..that's not a teach..different for each pitcher...as long as hand is behind the baseball...your way is one...palm facing ground is another...whatever is comfy for pitcher is what they should do
- you could also tell audience how to hold a baseball properly since it's the last part of the body that controls the baseball
- you could also mention players can rehearse secondary pitches this way as it doesn't tax the arm when on your knees.
Thanks & THINK Baseball!